"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Been A While!

Wow! it's been a while and I've been feeling guilty and so even though I don't usually blog during the week, I had the urge and so decided to go with the flow...So, here goes...

A lot's been happening and yet, not so much really...It's been a whirlwind. The first thing that comes to mind of course, is that we just had a big holiday...but it sort of passed me by! I had to work...I mean I had to work the whole thing. My daughter got home from school the Friday before Thanksgiving and she was home the entire week. Thing is, it feels like I pretty much missed that too.

You see, it sort of went like this. Caitlin arrived Friday night and we spent Saturday together...sort of...you know how it is, as the other kids arrived in town they all had to see each other and then there was the local HS football game, they won, which means they are playing this week at the Ravens stadium for the state championship!

Anyway, then came Sunday and I had to fly to Nashville for a TBCRC (Translational Breast Cancer Research Consortium) meeting. This was just an over night trip. Nashville was very cool. I had never been there and we stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and it was decorated for Christmas. It was beautiful. We got to see the Country Music Hall of Fame! It was a great meeting. Very informative, my first one. I returned late Monday night. That set the tone for the rest of the week since that was my day off for the next weekend! So I worked all the way through to the next Monday and Caitlin left on Sunday...bummer...

Now, during the course of the week my blackberry froze, never finished a reboot, got as far as the logo and never got any further...so I stopped on the way home and thought, they will take care of it...Oh, they took care of it all right...I was 3 DAYS OUT OF WARRANTY, yes, you read that right, and no, they could not fix it. So I became the proud new owner of a brand new latest model BlackBerry curve...I had my contacts but nothing else...I told the lady when I walked in that I wasn't up for a new phone, that I didn't have it in me, did she listen? No. She even told the sales person that I wasn't going to cry. I corrected her post haste!

So I spent that entire evening and the next few, off and on, putting the apps that I had had previously, on the new BB...sigh...So, fast forward to the weekend and the internet...for some reason our internet provider decided to crap out on us! No internet! Some days I just hate technology! I gave up...The next day it was back up but barely, it was limping along...tonight same thing...so, you might ask yourself, how is she typing away on her laptop? Well I will tell you how...My trusty new Blackberry, that's how! I have it tethered to my laptop and I am using it as a modem! Take that, Comcast!! Technology, you gotta love it! When it works...

Thanksgiving was lovely, after work, I and my family went over to my brother's house and we had a feast! He has 10 children and there is always a crowd. My parents were there and their newest addition, no not a baby, a puppy was with them and a big hit!

The next day was my birthday and it was no biggie...I worked...but I am happy to celebrate every BD...

I had my mammogram and ultrasound yesterday, not routine, since the scare last year. But in spite of that, all went well. And that, it has been decided, is the last holiday/birthday mammogram I will be having. Enough is enough! I have decided to have another one in 6 months and then have them yearly from there.

16 years of holiday mammograms beginning with the one at diagnosis is more than enough for this woman!

So that's what has been going on in my world...how about you? Aren't you sorry you asked? Oh Wait! You didn't, oh well, it's my blog, and I'll ramble if I want to...

Stay pink!

PS. I've been reading a delightful little series "The Coffee House Mysteries" by Cleo Coyle Give it a click and check it out...you wont be sorry!

3 comments:

  1. Kimberly - you sweetie, you! Thanks for the literary shout-out. Sending caffeinated love your way.

    ~ Cleo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rambling kiddo, ramble away...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...