"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

An exciting few days!


Hi There,
I must say it has been a rather exciting few days off so far, what with trying to get my daughter's act together with packing for school, we take her down tomorrow, and a host of other things...In fact, it hasn't seemed too relaxing at all. I must say, however, that at least I have been away from work! Seems I do not have the power to dial in on the VPN any more...just like that...no notice...do I really need to be able to dial in to the system? No...but, there you go, communication at it's best! yesterday morning, I could, yesterday afternoon, I could not! C'est la vie...I have no idea if I spelled that right, but I didn't get the little red squiggly line so maybe I did...lol...

Yesterday I had a meeting with several MD/PHDs at Johns Hopkins in my capacity as a breast cancer advocate to see if we would suit each other. Turns out we did indeed suit each other! They are an impressive group and a very friendly and down to earth one also, who's reputation in the advocate world proceeds them. I had already met two of them and corresponded with another. It was a good meeting even after wandering around in the 100+ heat trying to find the correct building...Dr. Sukamar even got me my own personal fan...How could you not like that!!

I am now the advocate for the Johns Hopkins Breast SPORE(special program of research excellence) and TBCR(translational breast cancer research) consortium. This is very exciting for both parties, for me for obvious reasons, and for them because they were the only ones up until now without their own personal advocate at the table...now we have each other. It will be a lot of work, but worth it. I can't wait to get started! Oh, did I mention that this is all voluntary...just need to be clear that this is not a job opportunity...lol...

Oh and all of you ladies out there....I had on the most fabulous pair of shoes ever...! A brand new pair of Berry colored Brighton sandals, which I got for...are you ready for this?...70% off!!! Yes that's right!! We call that a Nani bargain in my house...I am so proud...I have to call her and let her know about that...but I digress...where was I...Oh yes...another step along in my advocacy journey.

Let's see what else has been happening around here? Well, I have been watching a lot of baseball. I just love baseball and with the Orioles new manager, Buck Showalter, we seem to be winning again...I have a new book on Kindle called "Is this a great game or what?" by Tim Kurkjian. What a fun book about baseball by someone who loves the game. For a few days there, the Orioles were on at the regular time, then the Nats came on after that because they were in the Mid West and then there was the late ESPN game...Boy I was in Baseball hog Heaven!

I have to tell you that I am having all kinds of fun rambling on here, but I am sure some of you have stopped reading or are getting bored, so I'll stop here...

Stay pink!

P.S. I am looking for a picture of those shoes to share...There it is I found it...upper left!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...