"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, July 26, 2010

Toxic? or just plain silly?

Hi there,

Here I sit trying to decide on a topic this morning...It is difficult as there are many to chose from. I decided that I may as well just start typing and see what appears on the page, or in the box, as the case may be...Today is a day off, so I am upbeat and as such, thought that my pink blog should be something uplifting! I seem to have a toxic topic on my mind though, or at least one that can be...I have been wanting to blog about it since last Thursday so I may as well get it off of the proverbial chest so that I may move on. Although I must say that there is nothing in the least proverbial about my chest, but that is a topic for another day...

I work with a group of women 6 women ranging in age from early 40s to early 50s. We are a lovely group of caring women who can be very close and very caring and then at other times we can drive each other crazy. Sound familiar? At times it can be downright difficult to maintain a good mood in the face of others...I am sure you know how these things are...they feed off of each other. We are all very good at what we do and we have all been on the job for a good number of years. About 3 years ago the hospital sold our little corner of the universe to a private fertility company in the area but we are still in the same location and little has changed. Things have changed recently, however, and that can be tough...

Attitudes go in cycles and it seems as if you are out of sync with the group than you are in for it! For instance, last Thursday is a case in point. we man two labs on two different floors with very limited staffing. We were very busy in the O.R. lab and not in the other one...little resentment there...late in the day, one of us felt the need for help, I did not...I stayed down to finish the other went up. When I went up to have lunch and enjoy the other's company, I found the doors locked and the lights out. All had gone home! Early! Sheesh, I said I didn't need help...I really think someone could have said "we're leaving, see you tomorrow"...oh well... TOXIC!! I forced myself not to take it personally, even thought it was probably done in a snit..ie; OK she doesn't want help, we're done, let's go...

Anyway, the next day the same group decided, hey lets do lunch and we went out and our super treated...I have to say OY!

And now, I wonder...what if one of them decides to read this...Yikes!!! which brings me to a flaw in my personality that I really wish I could fix, or correct, or stamp out...I do these absolutely awesome, brave things, and then I worry about them...and stew... I mean look, I tell myself, either do them and forget about it or don't do them at all...I have always been this way...sigh..

So anyway that is my Truly Simply Pink for today any comments and or helpful hints would be dearly appreciated.

Thanks, and Stay Pink....unless of course, you don't like pink...in which case I won't hold it against you...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...